Friday, October 1, 2010

Winner Day!!!

Well, going to back to work was no fun at all! I left Ethan with Amber again. (Thank you! Thank you!) I'm getting used to him being right next door with someone I know and trust.  It's such a stress-reliever.  My biggest issue with the child care places has been the smoking policy.  Everyone seems to think that going outside to smoke and just washing your hands afterwards is okay.  It's NOT!  Can't you still smell the smoke in your clothes after you've put out your cigarette?  Yes? Then it's still there!  I don't want anyone holding my baby who's skin, hair and clothes are smoldering with toxins. Can you blame me? Ethan can be cured from a cold and immunized against a plethora of respiratory illnesses, but second and third hand smoke effects are not something you can cure or take back. Grrr!  Okay. On to what I really meant to blog about...

And the WINNERS are.....

Wednesday:
 april said...
wow, this card is amazing!
Thursday:
Marie said...
A fun and happy card! Love it, Laura!
Friday:
Cindi said...
love this card! those clouds are so cute!! is it a stamp or paper? :)
Saturday:
Keva said...
Pretty colors! Lovely.
Sunday:
Jennifer E. said...
Beautiful Thank you card! I love that ribbon and the yummy flower treatment you added!
Monday:
Sheri said...
Sugar and Spice - cute! You've got snips and snails and puppy dog tails, though, right? {grin}
Tuesday:
Joanne Gilch said...
Laura, the wee notes are so cute and wonderful. You really need to update us on the "who's watching Ethan?" saga. Seems we all want to know.
Wednesday:
Well....I came to your blog because you were in Afganistan around the same time my son was. I enjoyed the pictures you took of the base because even though he wasn't at your base, it still made me feel like I knew where he was. Sounds goofy I know but that year of my life was hard. He couldn't share pictures of where he was due to security (he was at one of those way out there out posts) I stay and follow you because it now seems like I know you but not in a 'stalker' type way ;o)
I feel your pain on childcare. When I had the sons, I had family members who were willing to watch them up. But then they started new jobs, went back to school and I was left not knowing who to call. I ended up with a parent of a student and was totally happy with them. I hope you can find someone soon who makes it to where you're not worried while you are at work.

And the Google Reader winner is...

Congrats, Ladies!!! Just send me an email with your mailing address, and just wait for the goodies to come!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You are soooo right about the smoking.. smoke is a terrible thing to expose babies too.. I hope you can find a permanent solution to Eathan's child care.. If DH were still at Campbell I's watch that angel for you! He's adorable!

Mishy

Jennifer E. said...

I completely agree on the smoking issue! Yuck! What a nasty habit. Is it possible that your neighbor could take on the job permanently? Sounds like you've found a keeper! Thanks for picking me to be one of your winners! :-)