Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 89: Group Date

Well, let me introduce you to the little gang I like to hang out with here at Bagram. We have "Sergeant O'D.", "Dias", and "T". Dias and I have off on Fridays, and the boys work late shift, so we've decided that Fridays are our group date days. Today was the first one. We planned to start the day off around 11:3o, so we could go to the Dfac for lunch before hitting the bazaar (only open on Fridays), but we all seemed to get a late start. We went to Pizza Hut instead. Pizza Hut takes forever, so after placing our order we waited outside for a group to clear off a picnic bench.Yes! We scored a table. Of course, this means 'smoke break' for Dias. Blech! (We all give her a hard time about it.)I don't think he even knows what he's pondering.Pizza's here!...and in less than four minutes (as we're trained) it's gone.Time for goofy pictures...It's quite the walk to get to the bazaar...So, we waited for the bus instead.I see it! I see it!More goofy pictures...Some weird guy we met on the bus...We finally made it to the bazaar, and of course I wanted everything.This little elephant reminds me of my sister. Since I joined the military I've some how developed an elephant collection of my own. It must be a subconscious thing. I don't even know if she still likes them anymore.Dias... is that a whip? How cute. The dolls we bought from these guys were pretty ugly, but they had me convinced that they were made by Afghan women in a work program. We were only at the bazaar for a short time before it was closing (1500). The boys had to get ready for work anyhow, so we hoofed it back to Camp Albert and called it a day.

4 comments:

Wholelottamuse said...

I remember this! How fun! It was always an amazing mystery to see what was at the bizaar!

Anonymous said...

I love how you are still the whitest of all the white people!

Unknown said...

Loved seeing the pictures and reading about your outing with fellow soldiers! I could definately get hooked on the shopping too!

Cindi said...

what a fun outing!! I love all these pics!! after all..what girl doesn't love to shop!!
:)