Wednesday, December 17, 2008

UpDATE: Chris

I'll get back to Photo-of-the-Day in a bit, but I wanted to catch you up on Chris. Remember him? Recap HERE then HERE. Anyway, he is history. I started noticing that he was sending secret text messages quite early on. At first I didn't think it was my business though the secrets, unanswered phone calls, and disappearing acts ate at me. One day he laughed out loud while reading a message. I asked what the joke was, and he quickly became offensive and totally freaked out on me. That's when I let my denial go. So many times I just believed him thinking I needed more faith. I believed it when he said he loved me, and that I was manifesting problems that didn't really exist. I just couldn't deny that gut feeling though. I didn't have proof, but this time I wasn't above finding out. I mean I didn't want to accuse someone of something so horrible, but at the same time I wasn't about to sit there and be naive to the whole thing. I had to nip it in the bud ASAP! I came home from leave early and went straight into my stake out. They did way more things that "just friends" aren't supposed to do. I told him soon after that I knew what was going on though he still denied it. (He also denied nude pictures of his ex, but that was a lie too! I'm sure she would be so proud of his nostalgic qualities.) He's a horrible liar. He does the usual eye avoidance, starts laughing, turns his body away, changes the topic, pretends he doesn't hear me, turns it around to accuse me... Did I mention he's stupid? So, get this... he just sent me an email a couple hours ago. (I'm laughing as I type this.) It goes something like this: "Laura, I love you with all my heart... My conscious cant take the guilt that I incur by not being able to be the boyfriend you're so deserving of." I'm sure he feels "guilty" now that he's deployed. I hope he has a long happy deployment with 'Palmala Handerson'. Despite all of that they're in my prayers, because God knows they surely need it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read your blog and im sorry to me its so funny. typical chris...told you..am i the ex u r referring to ab the pics lol?? and its just crazy to me bc him and i talk alot and all i hear from him is how much he loves me and misses me...i was with him at the terminal the morning he left..but he said you two were done. lol either way hope you r doing well.

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Oh I was wondering how things progressed with him, because it had seemed at the time like it was off to a good start. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but at least he's right about one thing: You deserve way better than him!
It must be hard being away from everyone at this time but I wanted to wish you a merry Christmas. :-)