Sunday, November 2, 2008

It called to me...

Music is my one of my vices, so of course I can't go through this upcoming deployment without it, so I snatched up a new iPod Touch today. I stocked up on a couple iTunes cards too to get me started. This thing is pretty awesome. It doesn't just play songs. I can play games, read books, keep track of my calories and weight loss, check the weather, surf the net, browse photos, watch movies, and all sorts of stuff. I'm definitely taking it on the long plane ride over there with me. I have to carry everything on my back, so it just makes this little guy even sweeter. It's perfectly pocket sized. I can't wait to start downloading applications and tunes. I still need to get a good web cam if anyone has recommendations. I want to keep up with my blog as much as possible this next year. The good and the bad. It's my goal to really document this journey as best as I can. I think it's going to be a good thing as Martha says. I just have one stop back home in Texas to make before I'm really ready to leave. It's going to be difficult saying goodbye to everyone. I think that's the hardest part really.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it will be something you will enjoy, being able to look back on your deployment, in the future. Good for you for making the goal to document it well. I like the Logitech brand of webcams if that helps you at all. I highly recommend that you don't get one with a microphone built in because sometimes the distance from the camera to your face is not a good one for the sound. That means you would have to get a separate microphone. Either way though, we've had several Logitechs over the years and they work great!! Remember to get me your addy over there in the sandbox when you get the chance!! Hugs!

Estivalia said...

I've been looking about getting one of these too!! The only downside is that it doesn't have a mic and can't record... say, classes, which would be my excuseto the world. In reality, I'm picturing myself blurfing in boring classes ;)

But... how far are you going? D:

CALLIE JEAN said...

I hope that all is well with you in your deployment. I am happy to know that we will be able to "see" that you are doing well in that new journey your service is taking you. Will be praying that you are safe!
PS Thanks for your service!

Unknown said...

Hey cutie,

Nice to see you are gearing up for this deployment, its getting down the wire for you, but believe me everything will be ok. I will be here for you for a few days, and then when I get home you know you can call me or whatever at anytime of the day or night. Ohh for the camera, I use a Microsoft Lifecam and it works pretty good. Just make sure to get a good headset so you can talk to people (IE: ME!) Talk to you later, Im about to head to bed.

jayne said...

good luck to you!! Hope everything will be ok