Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ode to the Funky Button

I've made a few things now with my current favorite paper collection. This card was actually made with some of the scraps that Lilly got a hold of. I've tried to preset a few of my posts since I will be gone for a week, but of course I haven't had time for much of anything. The construction company is supposed to be here in ten minutes to finally fix a couple things, Lilly has an appointment at the groomers at 1500, and I still have to pack for the trip to Fort Lewis, Washington tomorrow. I'll be leaving Lilly with Debbie for the first leg of the trip (I'm going twice). This is the first time I'll be away from her, so I'm quite nervous. I just don't want her to get lonely or forget me or make any messes or... on and on. It's that motherly side of me coming out that I don't like right now. I should be worrying about the dirty dishes in the sink before the repair people come or the fact that I still need to do a load of laundry before I can pack my uniforms, but of course my mind is always on something else. Here's on last card before I leave:Here's what I did:
I started with Whisper White card stock from SU! and cut it to 6"x12" and scored in in half for the card base. Then I took the kraft patterned paper cut to 6"x6" and the orange patterned paper cut to 4.5"x4.5" and used the mat set from SU! to pierce a border around the outside of each piece. I used a white Signo gel pen to do faux stitching around each piece as well before using my scissors and filer to distress the edges. After adhering these pieces to the card base I then attached the chipboard followed by the large blue blossom from Making Memories, then the pink flowers from Doodlebug Design Inc, and finally I threaded fiber through the button also from Doodlebug Design Inc. and adhered. Finally, I attached three brads from SU! And...that's it!

11 comments:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

LOVE IT!!!!....I REALLY thought you had stitched it with a sewing machine!!...when are your KITS going to be available?????*winkwink*

Estivalia said...

you fooled me too! I was wondering: "when did Laura got a sweing machine?" :O

Hope you're doing better than me, I'm totally sick today! :(

Alex said...

I love this Laura - all the vibrant colors really make it pop! Nice "sewing" :-)

CONGRATS on reenlisting - that is truly awesome, especially in today's climate! Bravo Zulu to You!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Maria said...

Wow very pretty card! I love all the different elements of your card.

I know how you feel. . .whenever we go on a vacation, I always worry about our pets and it stresses me out. I worry if they'll get sick, get lonely, not feel comfortable. . .it's normal to feel that way, it means you love your pet.
Maria

Karen said...

Great job! I love the whimsical look of these type cards.

Nikki Bond said...

How cute! I just love all the colors! Check out my blog to see what I have nominated you for! Thanks for all that you share on here! {smiles}

Heather P. said...

Oh, this is such a beautiful card! I absolutely LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Laura, the flowers and button sure are cute! I love all the distressing and faux stitching. This is totally darling!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Hi Laura! Thanks for visiting my blog and wishing me a happy b-day :-)

I love what you did here. It's so vibrant and colorful!

Linda McClain said...

I love all the fibers and the texture. It's incredible.

Tandra said...

First off-
THANKYOU for your service!! THANKYOU!

I LOVE this card! Colors really drew me in and I keep looking at it!!
Im enjoying reading your blog!