Monday, August 13, 2007

Checkbook Cover

Tomorrow is another early day. It's foot march day, so that means I'll be at work before 0400. At least the weather has cooled off a bit. It has been absolutely miserable these past few weeks. I can't wait until the crisp fall air starts to blow in. The corn field out my window has finally turned into a golden husk, so it's about ready for plowing. I'm a farm girl from Texas if I haven't mentioned it before. The country is where I feel most at home. I really want to start making some Thanksgiving and Halloween cards soon. I don't have any Halloween stamp sets though, so I might have to pick some up soon. Today's little project is a checkbook cover. It was inspired by these fun brads I acquired over a year ago for sure. I hope you like it.
Here's what I did:
I started by cutting the K&Co background paper to fit in my checkbook cover(6.25"x6.75"). Next, I adhered the 1" striped piece and American Crafts ribbon after first running them through my Xyron. I pushed the K&Co brads through the Prima flowers first before attaching them with thick glue dots. And...that's it!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I need to immediately dress up my checkbook cover now. How boring just to have a solid blue ...

Julie Sturgeon
Creative Resort

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty! LOVE that paper! :)

Estivalia said...

so cute! I loved the paper and the brads :)

Risa said...

This is very cute Laura...luv it!!!

Shannon McGann said...

What a great idea! And so cute! Now I have to go and do mine!

Melissa said...

So cute Laura!

Amie said...

Love it Love it Love it.....

Thanks for sharing.

Amie xxxx

wanda box said...

I agree with julie sturgeon I have a boring blue also

PineyWoodsPrims~Dena said...

How creative! I love it. Your idea's are truelly inspiring.
I can't wait to make me one.
Thank's for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love those brads and love this totally cute checkbook cover. I really need to think about dressing up mine. I'll put that on my "to do" list. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tracey said...

What a great card - love the colours.